Industry: Membership Organization
Campaign Type: Social Media Strategy & Management
For the National Society of High School Scholars (NSHSS), reputation means everything. NSHSS is a member-exclusive scholarship and internship foundation for high-achieving students. And in a digital world where its target audience is tech-savvy millennials, NSHSS needed a better way to engage with students on social media, as well as take ownership of the search results for branded keyword queries.
The Project Challenge
Today’s top high school students are turning to the web before committing to anything that may shape their future. This is particularly the case with membership-based programs that offer exclusive scholarships and internship opportunities. As such, NSHSS needed comprehensive digital marketing strategy that would better protect the credibility and integrity of its brand. This would entail a comprehensive search and social media marketing strategy spearheaded by Captivate.
The multi-channel strategy for NSHSS would include a series of campaigns for both search and social media marketing. Emphasizing its search-first approach to reputation management, Captivate unveiled organic SEO and Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising campaigns targeting both branded and unbranded search terms. Additionally, Captivate launched an objective-oriented social media strategy designed to provide value to target audiences and further establish NSHSS as a relevant and active resource for its members.
Over the years in working with NSHSS, Captivate has made epic strides in:
- Analyzing keyword research and hashtag trends to inform the development of an editorial calendar for engaging, shareable content
- Constructing and managing Google AdWords PPC advertising campaigns to maintain integrity of the search results while directing new prospective students to the site
- Designing a comprehensive organic SEO strategy that would help generate new student traffic as well as maintain favorable search results to protect the NSHSS image
- Implementing a proven process for efficient community growth on Facebook and Twitter, and providing recommendations and insights for NSHSS’ in-house management of Instagram
- Developing and implementing monthly content calendars for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Designing custom imagery each month to accompany calendar content
- Developing a Facebook promoted post strategy to increase overall reach and engagement with Facebook content and improve the standing with the Facebook algorithm
NSHSS has leveraged its social media presence to further evolve into a recognized, member-focused organization that continues to grow.
NSHSS has been successful at producing both valuable and shareable content relevant to members at all levels in their education career (from high school students to college graduates). Additionally, the foundation has substantially increased its search visibility, helping to reach new prospective students. Captivate continues to evolve NSHSS’ search marketing strategy. This effort centers on technical and content optimization, as well as actualizing more meaningful content marketing strategies that shape the NSHSS image.