Technical SEO Specialist Job Description
We are a small, award-winning digital agency looking for an experienced, full time Technical SEO Specialist to join our team.
If sitting in a cubicle and flying under the radar is what you’re looking for in a career, then this job is not for you. We’re looking for highly motivated people who are forward thinkers, quick to learn, aren’t afraid to ask questions, and show a commitment to excellence.
The ideal Technical SEO Specialist candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, be an independent worker who enjoys contributing to a team, have a passion for the search marketing industry, and a drive to stay on top of current trends in technical SEO.
Technical SEO Specialist Job Responsibilities:
- Conducting thorough SEO Audits & Competitive Analysis and make actionable recommendations after reviewing Technical SEO factors both on-site and off-site
- Provide strategic recommendations for website performance optimization, URL Structures, HTML optimization, Robots.txt, etc.
- Communicate issues and opportunities to improve technical SEO and/or website performance with key stakeholders on Account Service, Project Management, SEO, and Development teams
- Identify and recommend applicable structured data schemas, create and implement JSON+LD scripts, and monitor SERP for rich snippets
- Assemble and deliver monthly technical SEO reports, providing thoughtful analysis of program performance and actionable recommendations for improvement to clients and partners
- Identify opportunities to Automate SEO tasks to help scale efficiencies
- Oversee execution of strategic link acquisition and local citation programs
- Stay on top of latest industry trends, strategies, and news in order to deliver better results for our clients
Technical SEO Specialist Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5-7 years of hands on SEO experience in an agency setting
- Advanced HTML/CSS knowledge and experience with SEO for content management systems such as WordPress, Shopify, Drupal, Joomla, Umbraco, etc.
- Experience with SEO tools such as SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, GTmetrix, and Bright Local
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, and Google Data Studio
- Advanced understanding of Structured Data and Google Knowledge Graph
- Experience with A/B testing and conversion optimization
- Familiarity with strategic warehousing of SEO data for historical trend analysis, forecasting, etc.
- Extensive experience with PowerPoint, Excel, and Google Docs
- Must be a self-starter and a team player with exceptional work ethic and attention to detail
- Highly organized and must be able to multi-task, handling several tasks/projects at one time
To apply for the Technical SEO Specialist position you must submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements via email with the subject line “[Your Name]: Let’s Get Technical.