Colleges and universities all across the country offer diverse academic programs that prepare students for the workforce. Georgia Highlands College is taking its workforce preparation a step further with its “Passport to Success” – 4 days of presentations and programs geared toward preparing its students to find good jobs after graduation.
Among the topics are writing effective cover letters and resumes, interviewing tips, and how to dress for success.
Another speaking event during “Passport to Success” helps prepare students to effectively utilize social media sites to network with, and to ensure their personal social media profiles are presentable to, potential employers.
During this year’s 3rd Annual Passport to Success program, Chris Everett, Founder and CEO of Captivate Search Marketing, was invited to to speak at Georgia Highlands College‘s Paulding campus on how to effectively utilize social media as a job seeker.
Among the topics Chris discussed during his October 9 presentation were:
- why social media is important for finding a job
- managing your personal online reputation
- what recruiters are looking for on your social media profiles
- how to cleanse your social media profile of negatives that could lead to recruiters not offering you a job
- how to get the most out of LinkedIn during your job search
- how to optimize your LinkedIn profile for the search results
Below is the PowerPoint used during his presentation that was recently uploaded to SlideShare.net.
If you have any questions about social media marketing or managing your own online reputation, please feel free to reach out to Chris on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Google+, or by filling out the contact form at the right.