This document outlines the terms and conditions for scholarships administered by the selective panel at Captivate Search Marketing. Students must meet all conditions as outlined in the agreement.
You must read these terms and conditions in their entirety before you accept your scholarship offer. When you accept your scholarship offer you are agreeing to and accepting these terms and conditions and any other requirements and conditions of your scholarship listed on the Captivate Search Marketing website, outlined in your offer letter or subsequent scholarship agreement.
You must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time student (enrolled in at least 12 credit hours a semester)
- You may study part-time in exceptional circumstances only, subject to the approval of the Captivate Search Marketing scholarship panel
- You must apply for this approval to the Captivate Search Marketing website by the application date outlined
- Have not previously completed the requirements of a degree which is equivalent or higher than a bachelor degree (for example, completing a bachelor degree and enrolling in an honors degree), unless such an award is a prerequisite to the current undergraduate course of study
- If you participate in an approved exchange program you will continue to receive your scholarship payment
How Your Scholarship is Paid
- The method of payment will be detailed in the scholarship offer letter. In most cases, scholarship payments for students are made to the Student’s account at their University Bursar office. Students must meet with their Bursar to discuss how the scholarship funds are to be spent. Captivate Search Marketing is not liable for any payment that may be withheld by schools.
- At the end of the academic year for the duration of your scholarship you will be asked to provide a report detailing how the scholarship funds have been spent. It is the responsibility of the scholarship recipient to provide this report to Captivate Search Marketing by the specified time.
- The scholarship is a one-time award, non-renewable
The Captivate Search Marketing panel may terminate your scholarship if you have:
- discontinued from your course or have inactive enrollment
- failed to meet the eligibility criteria and conditions of your scholarship
- failed to maintain satisfactory academic progress
- been suspended or excluded for misconduct under Captivate Search Marketing’s statutes and regulations
- been made an incorrect scholarship offer as determined by the Captivate Search Marketing panel in its sole discretion
Consequences of Termination
- If your scholarship is terminated you may be required to repay some or all of your scholarship.
Repayment of your Scholarship
You will need to repay the scholarship if:
- the payment is made to you in error or you have been overpaid
- your scholarship is terminated
- you do not meet the conditions of the scholarship or are deemed to be ineligible for the scholarship; and/or you have been made a scholarship offer in error
- If are required to repay your scholarship, you must do so within 4 weeks of receiving the notification
Providing False Information
Providing false or misleading information is an offense.
- If the Captivate Search Marketing panel knows or has reason to believe that you have provided false or misleading information, the panel may reassess your entitlement to the scholarship and notify the Department of Education of the circumstances and provide a copy of your application and any other relevant information as requested by the Department of Education
- Where Captivate Search Marketing terminates the scholarship, you will be liable to repay to Captivate Search Marketing the total sum of any payments incorrectly made to you.
Captivate Search Marketing values the privacy of every individual’s personal information and is committed to the protection of personal information. Personal information means information or an opinion that is recorded in any form, whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
Publicity & Promotion
If you are offered a scholarship, your details including name, school, photograph, video and scholarship awarded may be passed on to media and used by Captivate Search Marketing and/or partner organizations for promotional purposes, including but not limited to the Captivate Search Marketing website, social media channels, print and electronic media.
- It is agreed that the use of these photographs and videos shall in no way be used in any other forum other than official Captivate Search Marketing business. The scholarship recipient also waives the right to inspect or approve the finished product, the advertising copy, or other matter that may be used in connection therewith or the use to which is may be applied. If you do not wish for photographs and videos of you to be used in this way, you must notify Captivate Search Marketing in writing.
In accepting a scholarship from Captivate Search Marketing you agree to WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE Captivate Search Marketing, its officers, associates and partner organizations from any and all liability, including but not limited to, any liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may occur to you during or after the scholarship period, including during or after any travel undertaken as part of the scholarship.