Community Service Scholarship for Eligible Marketing Students Based in Georgia
Captivate Search Marketing is offering a $1,000 community service scholarship to one marketing student enrolled in an accredited university or community college based in Georgia.
About the Georgia Scholarship for Community Service
The Georgia Scholarship for Community Service is a $1,000 award granted to one freshman, sophomore, or junior year student who is currently pursuing a degree in marketing, advertising, communications, or related field. Eligible scholarship recipients will have earned significant community service and/or volunteering experience. This experience can extend into a number of endeavors, such as youth programs, environmental causes, learning initiatives, leadership agendas, and community building activities.
Do You Qualify for the Georgia Scholarship for Community Service?
The Georgia Scholarship for Community Service by Captivate Search Marketing is available to achievement-oriented college students who meet three primary criteria:
- You are currently enrolled in (as a freshman, sophomore, or junior) or have been accepted to an accredited college or university based in Georgia,
- You are currently studying or intend to pursue a degree in advertising, marketing, communications, or related field, AND
- You have positively impacted society and/or the environment by displaying significant involvement in community service, volunteering, or related contributions.
At Captivate Search Marketing, we believe strongly in contributing to a better world where higher education is accessible to everyone. Further, we value individuals who are making a conscious and concerted effort to give back to the community in any way possible. We encourage all eligible college students to apply and we look forward to awarding the Georgia Scholarship for Community Service.
Additional Scholarship Requirements
Applicants of the Georgia Scholarship for Community Service must:
- Show current transcript or related documentation proving a minimum average GPA of 3.0 at an accredited university, community college, or High School (for graduated Seniors entering college) in the state of Georgia.
- Prove significant experience in community service or volunteering a particular cause, initiative, or program
- Produce a video essay no longer than 3 minutes OR a written essay no longer than 800 words on one of the topics below.
- Submit the application form, attaching (or linking to) essay and transcript
Essay Topics to Choose
- Discuss a role you had in a community service initiative and how it made a positive impact.
- Describe a problem taking place in your local community and what efforts you put forth in helping to act against the problem.
- Share your experience volunteering for a community project or initiative that has resulted in positive changes or better quality of life for others or the environment.
How Scholarship Winners Are Chosen
Eligible applicants will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- How creatively and clearly an applicant can articulate his or her experience through the video or written essay
- The level of significance and impact of an applicant’s service to the community
- Academic successes
To apply for Captivate Search Marketing’s Georgia Scholarship for Community Service, please start by completing the online application below.
Deadline for Applications: August 31, 2020
Scholarship Winner Announced: Week of September 8-14, 2020
About Captivate Search Marketing
Captivate Search Marketing is a leading Digital Marketing and SEO company in Atlanta. Serving clients across the United States, Captivate is committed to making our community a better place. As a business, we leverage integrated digital marketing strategies using channels like social media, organic SEO, and PPC advertising to connect users with the products and services they need. As people, we vow to use our professional abilities for good. Through initiatives like offering local scholarships for upcoming marketers, we hope to positively contribute to our industry in actionable, tangible ways.