Director of Digital Marketing Job Description
Captivate Search Marketing is looking for the next member of our award winning team! The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, be an independent worker who enjoys contributing to a team, have a passion for the digital marketing industry, and a drive to stay on top of current trends.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Digital Marketing to assist in and oversee the execution of SEO/SEM and other digital marketing activities for our clients. The Director of Digital Marketing will be responsible for strategy and implementation of ROI-producing digital marketing campaigns for our clients.
While we are currently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will eventually require the candidate to be on-site, working from our offices in Decatur, Georgia.
Captivate Search marketing isn’t a large agency where you’ll be just another cog in the machine. We are a small agency that is experiencing rapid growth and we are looking for a full time Director of Digital Marketing to join our team.
Key Responsibilities of Director of Digital Marketing Role:
- Lead the planning, development, and execution of customer SEO, SEM, Social Media, and other digital marketing campaigns
- Develop comprehensive digital marketing campaigns utilizing our proprietary Search First® methodology to help guide strategy and tactical execution of foundational SEO projects, ongoing content marketing campaigns, paid search/social media campaigns, and other digital marketing initiatives as needed
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand the client’s business objectives and help develop data-driven, measurable strategies to meet/exceed those goals
- Work with both internal Captivate and external agency partners to ensure maximum SEO value is preserved and/or achieved during website development and/or content optimization projects
- Review and approve wireframes, graphic designs, and sitemaps with an SEO-focused perspective, and willingness to advocate for SEO best practices when critical components are lacking
- Conducting comprehensive keyword analysis to inform our optimization strategies
- Conduct thorough SEO Audits & Competitive Analysis and make actionable recommendations after reviewing Technical, Content, and Off-Site SEO factors
- Oversee strategic link prospecting and outreach campaigns, as well as local citation optimization initiatives
- Assemble and deliver monthly campaign reports
- Provide thoughtful analysis of Digital Marketing campaign performance and deliver updates, recommendations and reporting to clients
- Stay on top of latest industry trends, strategies, and news in order to deliver better results for our clients
Desired Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience designing and building digital marketing programs that span the entire customer lifecycle
- A minimum of 8 years of hands on SEO/SEM experience in an agency setting
- Experience developing and presenting marketing strategies for internal and external stakeholders
- 2-3 years of management experience in a digital marketing setting
- HTML/CSS knowledge and experience with SEO for content management systems such as WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Umbraco, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools
- Must be a self-starter and a team player with exceptional work ethic and attention to detail
- Highly organized and must be able to multi-task, handling several tasks/projects at one time
- Experience with SEMRush, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, Slack tools strongly desired
- Must be highly competent with Microsoft Office programs Word, Excel, Powerpoint